Submit a claim - Claim instructions

People who paid Howard Law upfront fees for debt-relief services, and who have not already received a check for the full amount of the fees paid, may be eligible for a refund. Submit a claim form no later than January 9, 2023. Claim forms received after this deadline may be rejected.

Please note: You are eligible to file a claim only if you have NOT already received a check for the full amount of the fees you paid to Howard Law.

Documentation Icon Documentation must be provided to support your claim. Documents should be clear, readable copies, as anything you submit will not be returned to you. Examples of sufficient documentation include, but are not limited to:

  • Canceled check(s) or money order(s)
  • eCheck receipt(s)
  • Credit card, debit card, or bank statement(s)
  • Email confirmation that a specific payment was received

These must show payment was sent to the Howard Law, P.C., The Williamson Law Firm, LLC, or Williamson & Howard, LLP.

How to File Online

To file online, provide your contact information. List the amount and date of fees you paid that you have NOT been reimbursed for, and who the payment was made to. Then, upload documents that support your claim.

Please ensure you have your information and documents ready before you start as you cannot save your claim and return later.

How to File by Mail or Email

First, download a copy of the claim form. Please read the form carefully, fill it out completely, and attach your documents. Then, mail or email the completed claim form and documents to the following:

CFPB v. Howard Law
Civil Penalty Fund Third-Party Administrator
P.O. Box 5339
Portland, OR 97228-5339

Claims must be submitted online or postmarked no later than January 9, 2023.